SmartWAV is an embedded audio processor chip mounted on a board, It's aimed to help developers to create stereo audio designs in a very fast and easy way without the need of having experience in handling audio decoding, sampling, etc.
The processor offers two modes of operation: SERIAL MODE, or STAND-ALONE MODE.
In SERIAL MODE: SmartWAV is a serial(Tx, Rx) slave device that only receives orders like playTrack(), nextTrack(), pauseTrack(), etc, this reduces dramatically the code complexity (audio decoding algorithms) and saves a lot of headaches to the programmer.
In STAND ALONE MODE: with only 5 external push buttons (Play/Pause, Next, Rewind, Vol+, Vol-), those audio functions can be implemented allowing to create a full function mp3-player like system without the need of any other main external microcontroller/processor.
SmartWAV is a flexible, featured, powerful yet easy to use audio processor for embedded systems.
*Not recommended for 2GB memory cards or less.
SmartWAV - Audio Processor
SmartWAV Board Features:
- Pre-Amplified Dual channel Stereo Out with 8/16bit, stereo/mono, and up to 48khz sampling rate, CD quality.
- Integrated Digital Volume Control with 255 steps.
- On-board microSD card socket for up to 32GB for storing audio files, simple .WAV format.
- Long file names(LFN) and folder management support.
- Serial mode or Stand-alone mode.
- On board stereo 3.5mm plug for headphones, or line out.
- Play speed control: 0.5X, 1X, 1.5X and 2X. (Fast Forward).
- Easy 5 pin interface to any host device: VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET.
- Active out pin for led indicator.
- Input pin for mode selection: VCC-serial, GND-stand-alone.
- 5V and 3V3 I/O compatible, 3V3 power supply.